A lot of children with autism or special needs find it hard to express their feelings or may even suffer from being non-verbal. Sometimes simple things like “I’m feeling angry or I’m feeling hot” may be hard for a child to explain and add to the stress of the situation. With our weighted blankets not only do they help with reducing anxiety but can also help them explain how they are feeling in a very easy way.
Comes with 10 emotions to express how they currently feel or if they need help. We thought of the most common issues in a classroom or home without producing something that was to complex to use.
You may have seen something similar in a paper form but we have taken the idea to a new level with a durable washable fabric that can sit on your child’s lap or on their desk when not needed. As it’s made of fabric it can be folded or scrunched up without it damaging the print.
With a modern cute design, these make the children want to use them or look at the faces to describe how they are feeling. They are also fully washable with polyester on the print side and the back is 100% cotton fabric, which you can choose the colour to suit.
These are lined for durability with triple stitching and filled with our super quite micro glass beads. The printing is professionally dyed into the fabric to ensure wash after wash that it doesn’t disappear. If you like you can also add our padded hypoallergenic cotton padding to make them even cosier.
You won’t find these anywhere else, this is a unique product to calming moments with our own special characters that we have designed to suit a range of children.
- Bamboo has natural anti-bacterial properties making it ideal for blankets and is arguably one of the softest paddings available for blankets.
- Our organic bamboo is the most eco-friendly fibre our supplier produces as it grows and regrows without the need for supplemental irrigation or insecticides. The fire is 100% sustainable and all naturally grown.
- And did we mention this is 100% Made in Australia
Blanket Sizes are
- Small 50x36cm approx & weighs 1kg suggested for 3 – 5 yr olds
- Medium 60x40cm approx & weighs 1.5kg suggested for 6-8 yr olds
- Large 70x44cm approx & weighs 2kg suggested for 9+